Sunday 11 October 2015

Searching for an Artist

After being given a task to find an artist, I began to watch several different music channels in order to pick a genre I could relate to and be inspired by in order to fullfil my task successfully. After discussing with my teacher and rejecting several genres, artists and songs we concluded an artist who is seen to be within the house genre would be the best option as, I could create a realistic and low budget music video.

Searching for an artist wasn't a long process as I already knew of websites I could search on, such as www.unsigned.com and www.soundcloud.com. These websites advertise unsigned artists in hope of them being spotted. Specifying the genre also helped to narrow the search. Unsigned features many artists of all different genres, finding an artist and a genre is the easiest process as there is a drop down column, where you can request the genre and a large quantity of artists appear. You then choose which artist you would like to listen to.

After looking on these websites I came across an artist which featured on both of these websites who was an artist in the genre house, I immediately loved the music. The music was catchy and I believe it would have a good and successful place in the music industry. I will present a music video which will present the artist, the genre and the song at a high standard which will be good enough to portray the artist.




No comments:

Post a Comment