Monday 4 April 2016

Digipak Software

For the creation of my final digipak I used several different software's which all contributed to the final outcome, however the two main software's I used were Picassa, GIMP and Photoshop. I used these different software's for a different part off the creation of my final digipak, for example I used GIMP for the overlaying of the images used for my front cover, however Picassa was better for the different editing skills via lighting, whilst also using Picassa for the cropping of my images.

The image below shows the different editing tools Picassa has to offer, which all contribute to making my product look as professional as possible on the low budget available. Having all these editing tools available to me allowed me to play around with the saturation and brightness of the image, creating a fun and quirky style to the digipak which is a typical convention of my chosen genre house. It also allowed me to educate myself on the skills needed to create a successful product, which brought out my creative side which allowed me to further the professionalism of my final product whilst representing my genre well.

The image below shows how the software picassa allowed me to insert text within my digipak, however i did not feel the fonts of the particular texts available fit my digipak and the genre I was presenting, enabling me to create a brand identity. Therefore I used a software named Pixlr Editor which had several quirky fonts available which allowed me to find a font that was perfect for my digipak but also for my genre. My chosen font for my final product was 'GroovyF'.








No comments:

Post a Comment