Wednesday 6 April 2016

Evaluation 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms of real media products?

For our A2 course we had been assigned a task of creating a music video with a promotional package, for an existing song with an unsigned artist, of our own choice. We were advised to use an artist who was unsigned and had not already made a music video to our chosen song as this avoided any accusations of copyright. The genre I had chosen was 'House' and the song I had chosen was 'LarsM Ft Tali Kouch - Golden drops'. For our promotional packages we had to create a digipak which was, an album cover and a magazine advert to advertise our products to our target audience. Each of my products have been designed to create the typical conventions of my chosen genre, and media products.




Final Digipak; Throughout the design of my final digipak I have continued the golden back drop representing the lyrical meaning of my chosen song 'Goldendrops' which has continued throughout all three of my products to create a brand identity to my target audience. I have also included typical conventions of my chosen genre house to make my product represent my genre successfully.




Front Cover; When creating my front cover to my digipak I researched into other front covers of other popular house album covers, whilst comparing major successful with not so successful artists as this helped me analyse successful and unsuccessful conventions, allowing me to pick typical conventions making my product professional as possible. The image I chose for my the front cover of my digipak is pleasing to the eye due to the elegant and sophisticated golden tone which is continued throughout all my products creating a brand identity for my target audience. I have also used the same mise en scene from my music video in my digipak such as, the same setting and the same clothing used on the female, this again allows the creation of a brand identity allowing my target audience to be aware of and pick out my products. The title I used is seen to be quite a playful and fun font which represents the genre house well, similarly to all digipaks created by very popular well known artists to not so known artists, normally the fonts used are continued throughout all products which I have also done for my products as this continues the professionalism of my products.

Far Left Insert; This insert is a close up of the young female protagonist portrayed in a fun way with a positive facial expression. I chose to have this image as an insert as It gives the digipak an insight into the personality of the young female, allowing a relationship to be formed with the target audience and the female as they have an insight into her humor. The image is still relevant to the rest of the digipak as the golden theme is continued with the mise en scene like the background/setting but the image differs from the other images. The insert in digipaks usually offer more information into the artist and other protagonist which I feel I have done successfully. 

CD; For my CD I chose to use a a dark drop background with an overlay of golden fireworks which are used to represent the lyrical meaning of the song 'Goldendrops'. Although the rest of the digipak has continued the golden theme throughout, I felt the CD needed to be slightly different to the rest of the digipak as this creates a slight twist upon the digipak creating an edgy atmosphere which is a typical convention for the house genre. 

Final Magazine Advert; Below is my final magazine advert, I have continued the image through from my digipak to my magazine advert as this creates a vivid and bold brand identity for my target audience. Also i feel this image represents my chosen genre and song well using typical conventions from the genre house by having the main image focusing on the young attractive female protagonist allows a successful selling point for my target audience, as males buy as they aspire to be with her, whilst females buy as they aspire to be her. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment