Friday 18 September 2015

Lip-Syncing


In preparation for editing and filming for my own music video, I completed a lip syncing task in order to practice my ability to edit and gain a variety of shots, all on timing with the lip syncing. This allowed me to create a music video which looks like the song was sung by the actor(s).

The song chosen for this task was 'Somebody I Used to Know' by Gotye, with a male and female fitting the roles of the vocalists. The task began a difficult task, as to get the lip syncing on time with the music was a task which seemed impossible. After a few more attempts the male actor (Joe) sang the song aloud, which allowed the timing and lip syncing match, also making the video look more realistic. We then muted the clip whilst editing and added the backing track.

The intentions for this task were to imitate the actual music video, therefore myself and the other actor (Joe) remained still in our shots, in order to get the acting and lip syncing on point. Filming this task was difficult as myself and Joe were not professional actors and we had never done lip syncing before, therefore to get in to the role of the characters seemed to be a more difficult than it should of been due to; laughing and coming into the shots at the wrong time which essentially ruined the lip syncing. However after our first few attempts we quickly picked up the role and gained successful shots allowing us to create the video we did.

I believe we ultimately created a successful, clean and effective produc. This task also allowed me to gain experience skills to edit music videos which would help me in the future whilst creating my own music video, therefore helping me feel prepared to create a successful music video for my chosen genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment