Thursday 12 November 2015

Cast

I will not have a narrative in my music video however, I will feature characters with one main cast member lip syncing the lyrics of my chosen song. Therefore once I had chosen the song and setting, I began to make decisions regarding cast and filming.
My cast will be female based, although my target audience is both male and female by having an all female cast,  boys will be attracted to the females therefore wanting to watch the music video, and females will aspire to be the attractive females by wanting their style making them watch the music video. Therefore by having an all female cast appeals to both male and female.

As I wanted to create the right atmosphere for my music video, it was crucial for me to choose a cast who would be suitable. For the cast I decided on 5 close friends as I knew they were suitable for the role as they are out going and confident, and therefore wouldn't shy away from the camera. Therefore these characters would appeal to my target audience.













However after filming with all of my chosen cast members I decided that five was too much as I needed a selling point and a brand identity and five cast member looks to confusing as they all come in at different times, but also it was difficult to make sure all five cast members had a role within the music video. Therefore I decided on cutting down the cast, leaving me with three members, however again the three members were still too much as I still wasn't getting the selling point I wanted, after filming in several different locations to try and make a difference to the shots and create the selling point and identity I needed three cast members still didn't fit my intentions for my music video. Therefore I cut numbers again this time just focusing upon one female protagonist which was a lot more successful, as all my time was focused upon her and I was able to get many shots, with a variety of costumes all relating to my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment